Ancient Suns for Kids
"Ancient" means "very, very old." "Suns" means "stars like our own Sun which give light and heat to planets, like our own home, Earth." Here, you find out about planets, stars, ancient civilizations, life and much more.
Ancient Suns for Kids is all about fun and learning.
Astronomy is more than just stars. It includes,
- galaxies Galaxies A group of stars numbering in the tens of millions, billions or trillions. ,
- nebulas Nebulas (nebulae) A very large cloud of gas from which suns and planets are born. ,
- planets Planets Large, round objects which orbit one or more suns. ,
- moons Moons (natural satellites) Large objects each of which orbits a planet. , and
- the possibility of alien civilizations.
Start the adventure by finding out more about our own planet, Earth, the Solar system, and other planetary systems near us.
Ancient Earth for Kids
Here you can learn more about ancient civilizations, man before history began and Earth before humans.
You will even learn about one mythical civilization that may have been based on fact: Atlantis.
Life in the Universe
The universe would be pretty boring without life—plants and animals. Life is about things growing and changing.
Life includes bacteria, viruses, dogs, cats, trees, flowers, bees, humans, dinosaurs and much, much more.
Here are some topics to which you might want to jump directly,
More to Come
Ancient Suns for Kids is just starting out, so check back regularly as we add projects, free downloads and other offers.